- Why be in or facilitate a group, why not just read the book and do the exercises on your own?
- What happens at a Personal Renewal Group meeting?
- Why should I get trained through Renee Trudeau & Associates?
- What is the cost and what’s included?
- What is covered in the Facilitator Training?
- How is the training delivered and how much time does it take to complete?
- Who qualifies for facilitator training?
- How much time will I spend each month on my PRG and how much income can I expect from facilitating a group?
- Do I have to become a RTA-Certified Facilitator to lead a Personal Renewal Group?
- Do I have to have a “balanced life” and have all my own stuff handled in order to lead a group?
- Can I lead a PRG for women who are not mothers?
- Do PRG members typically know each other?
- What are the intellectual property guidelines for the PRG material and where can I lead groups?
- What is your refund policy?
1. Why be in or facilitate a group, why not just read the book and do the exercises on your own?
Motherhood can be an isolating experience. This is why The Mother’s Guide is designed for women to use in a small group setting of 6-10 women. Typically, a Personal Renewal Group will meet one evening a month for six months (the program is designed to be a year long, but participants have the option of re-enrolling after the initial six-month session). While you can gain tremendous value from working on the themes and exercises on your own or even with a friend, being with a group and sharing from your heart, listening to others and having your feelings validated is a powerful experience. This process is what facilitates a change in how you act and feel on a daily basis. To read more on The Amazing Power of Groups, click here.
2. What happens at a Personal Renewal Group (PRG) meeting?
With a strong basis/focus on self-care, life balance and supporting members in “reconnection with self,” PRG meetings were designed to allow women the opportunity to explore and nurture their “inner life.”
This is accomplished through a relaxed, but structured format which includes independent guided journaling and reflection, one-on-one dialogue, small group sharing and group insight sharing. Depending on the monthly theme, other activities such as creating “I am” collages, vision maps or guided visualizations or relaxations may also take place. Members say they love the format of PRGs as the meetings provide a wonderful balance of sharing/reflection and encouragement to take action to create the life you want. They are different from typical support groups, in that the focus is very forward thinking: what do you want your life to look like 90 days from now? And, members are usually (gently) challenged to think about and/or take action around the monthly themes.
The environment of PRGs is designed to be nurturing, supportive and empowering. One of the reasons the groups are so popular is PRGs provide mothers with the opportunity to take meaningful, heartfelt conversations deeper than their normal day-to-day schedules allow. Click here to preview a sampling of what resources, templates and coaching are covered in the online training.
3. Why should I get trained through Renée Trudeau & Associates?
In essence, we teach you how to successfully do group coaching (a sought-after skill you can use throughout your career/life). The training curriculum and templates created for the RTA Facilitators’ Lounge were personally developed by author/coach, Renée Trudeau, based on her 20 years of experience as a career and life balance coach (working with thousands of women through Career Strategists) and founding and leading numerous Personal Renewal Groups for mothers since January 2003. Her insights, tools and exercises will support you on your personal journey as a group facilitator, save you countless hours in research, preparation and stress and help you to have a more enjoyable, successful and prosperous group experience. Read more about Why Get Trained here. See question #4 for additional benefits including “what’s covered” in the training.
Please note that under United States and international copyright laws if you charge members to join a Personal Renewal Group but are not officially trained through Renee Trudeau & Associates, this usage of the book constitutes infringement upon the intellectual property rights of the author. To clarify, you are welcome to lead free/no charge groups around the book, however, if you desire to charge group members for their participation, you must be an active RTA-Certified Facilitator through Renee Trudeau & Associates.
4. What is the cost and what’s included in that cost?
RTA-Certified Facilitator Membership ~ $899 (inquire about current promotions) .Visit this page to read about all the benefits of membership. This cost is recouped after 3-4 women sign up for your group!
RTA-Certified Facilitator Starter Package – *Best Value* $1049 (inquire about current promotions}
The Starter Package includes everything listed here with the additional benefits of added support from the RTA Team and 10 copies of The Mother’s Guide (retail value $19.95 each) and shipping and handling. *Due to wide variable of international shipping costs, free shipping only applies within the U.S.; see international shipping info here.
Payment plan options are also available; all details here.
Note: There is an annual renewal of $109 that is due on your anniversary date each year in order to keep your membership active. If your membership lapses and you have not renewed by your anniversary date, the reactivation fee is $199. Your membership must be current to lead groups, retreats and/or workshops using the Renee Trudeau/The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal materials.
- self-paced, self-directed online training,
- ongoing access to the continually updated Facilitators’ Lounge (while your membership remains active) which includes archived classes,
- a 30-minute high-level coaching/mentoring session with founder/president Renee Trudeau
- membership to the RTA-Certified Facilitators’ International Online Facebook Community,
- a promotional listing/link to your business on the RTA website find/start a group area,
- a special RTA-Certified Facilitator Designation that allows you to generate income by leading self-care teleclasses, groups and retreats
- public relations support from RTA communications staff who are continuously working with national media to publicize the Personal Renewal Groups and send potential PRG members to the RTA website. To read more about the benefits of becoming a RTA-Certified Facilitator, click here.
The self-paced online training provides information to help prepare you emotionally, mentally and spiritually to lead Personal Renewal Groups and resources, outlines and tools to help you promote, recruit, prepare for and facilitate your group so it runs smoothly and is an empowering and enjoyable experience for all. You’ll also have access to mentors, additional life management articles and resources to support your PRG members while they’re enrolled in your group.
6. How is the training delivered and how long does it take to complete?
The RTA-Certified Facilitator Training is a self-paced, self-directed online program that you can complete from the comfort of your own home! No travel is required, although many RTA-Certified Facilitators have found it immensely helpful to experience one of Renee’s self-renewal retreats. Because this program is self-paced, only you can determine exactly how long it will take to work through all the materials. The average time it takes to go through the training, exercises and review all the resources and recorded classes can vary from 1 to 4 weeks, depending on whether you’re already working full-time. You can list your group on our site today to start recruiting PRG members, take in the training at a time that is convenient for you and start planning for the launch of your first PRG! Read more about the benefits of this highly affordable program here.
7. Who qualifies for Facilitator Training?
Coaches, consultants, women in the healing arts fields — therapists, social workers, doulas and birthing professionals, nurses, women’s health specialists, parent educators, NIA/yoga teachers, women’s empowerment advocates and related disciplines — are particularly drawn to and uniquely qualified to lead Personal Renewal Groups due to the nature of their work. However, many women who simply have a passion for empowering and supporting other women and mothers are also enjoying great success as RTA-Certified Facilitators. Click here to learn more about women from all different professions and life stages who have chosen to support themselves and their community by leading groups.
8. How much time will I spend each month on my Personal Renewal Group program and how much income can I expect from facilitating a group/retreats?
We advocate RTA-Certified Facilitators charge between $240-300/person for a six month session. The amount will depend on your experience level leading groups, your professional background (ex: if you’re a therapist or coach) and your geographic location. Most new RTA-Certified Facilitators charge $240/person for a six-month session when first starting out. Generally, there are 6-12 women in each PRG.
You lead one meeting a month for 2.5 hours and send out 1-2 emails a month to touch base with your group members. In general, you’ll put in 5-7 hours/month depending on how you’re running your program (this time lessens, the more experience you get leading PRGs). You’ll also put in time upfront posting the flyer online and finding the space. Some RTA-Certified Facilitators are leading multiple groups each month, some are leading groups at workplaces (for questions/clarification on how our RTA corporate program works, contact us) and some are offering retreats or Days of Renewal using the material in the book and charging $99-149/person for these.
9. Do I have to become a RTA-Certified Facilitator to lead a Personal Renewal Group?
Yes. To lead Personal Renewal Groups, use the copyrighted material and exercises in the book and charge for your groups, you must become a RTA-Certified Facilitator.
Click here to read about the evolution of the RTA-CertifiedFacilitator Training Program and the art and science behind facilitating powerful, successful women’s circles and offering group coaching. Click here to learn more about the benefits of becoming a RTA-Certified Facilitator.
* Please note that under United States and international copyright laws if you charge members to join a Personal Renewal Group but are not officially trained through Renee Trudeau & Associates, this usage of the book constitutes infringement upon the intellectual property rights of the author. To clarify, if you lead a FREE “book club” based on The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal, that is fine. However, if you desire to charge group members for their participation, you must be an active RTA-Certified Facilitator through Renee Trudeau & Associates. Additionally, each person who facilitates Personal Renewal Groups must have their own individual training membership.
10. Do I have to have a “balanced life” and have all my own stuff handled in order to lead a group?
No! None of us have all of our “stuff handled,” and by sharing our own vulnerabilities, we actually inspire those around us to do the same. Your job as a Facilitator is to create a safe, empowering “space” to help facilitate insight, sharing and connection among your group members. Your courage and willingness to do this is motivating in and of itself—you’re also in the Group to learn more about yourself and explore what your needs/desires are, just like your group members.
11. Can I lead a PRG for women who are not mothers?
Yes! But we recommend you have prior group facilitation experience or start by leading PRGs for mothers first so you become familiar with the material. The topics covered in the book are not parent-specific and translate easily to all audiences.
12. Do PRG members typically know each other?
Sometimes members from a specific area of a city or region will sign up for the same PRG, but typically PRGs are made up of women who have never met before. Women who are interested in personal growth, life balance or the topic of self-renewal are drawn to sign up for PRGs, and are always surprised and delighted by how connected they feel to the other members, how freely group members open up to one another and how powerful it is to be in a group with women from various life stages and backgrounds who all deeply resonate around similar issues and themes, such as the ones outlined in The Mother’s Guide.
13. What are the intellectual property guidelines for the PRG material and where can I lead groups?
The RTA-Certified Facilitator Membership allows you to use the materials outlined in the Facilitators’ Lounge and in the book to lead PRGs/retreats for the public for fun or as part of your small business. RTA-Certified Facilitator use of intellectual property does not allow for or include leading groups within companies or organizations (example: for a hospital system, IBM or the American Heart Association). Renee Trudeau & Associates has an established corporate/organizational Personal Renewal Group program where we work directly with companies to develop these customized plans depending on the number of employees they have and their needs. Click here to contact our Facilitator Liaison to discuss partnering with us on an organizational/corporate PRG program or if you have any questions along these lines. Renee Trudeau & Associates has strict guidelines for intellectual property use. When marketing your Personal Renewal Groups, you must refer to them as a “Personal Renewal Group” and include in the material that they are based on The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal by Renee Trudeau.
14. What is your refund policy for the RTA-Certified Facilitator Membership?
Due to the low-cost and the nature of the program, we do not offer refunds for annual membership fees associated with becoming a RTA-Certified Facilitator. Based on feedback we have received from RTA-CertifiedFacilitators, we are confident that the content is value-rich and extremely helpful to anyone deciding to lead PRGs as part of a business or as a community service initiative. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email or call us at 512/459-6700.
Refunds are not available for books (this includes books purchased as part of the Facilitator Starter Package).
Become a RTA-Certified Facilitator
DISCLAIMER: The RTA website lists RTA-Certified Facilitators as a convenience to the Facilitators and to the women who are seeking PRGs. RTA does not endorse any of the Facilitators who are listed on the site and makes no claim regarding their competence or effectiveness. Learn more.