Short bio: Renee Peterson Trudeau is an award-winning, internationally recognized life balance coach, speaker and president of Career Strategists. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, US News & World Reports, Spirituality & Health and numerous media outlets. On the faculty of Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Omega Institute and Esalen Institute, she has been creating transformational learning experiences for companies, national conferences, nonprofits and organizations worldwide for more than 25 years. Since 2002, her organization has certified hundreds of women in more than ten countries to facilitate Personal Renewal Groups for women based on her award-winning curriculum. She is the author of three life balance titles including the award-winning The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and teenage son.
A brief overview of Renee’s background & training (learn more about her company Renee Trudeau & Associates):
- Renee has been coaching professionally since 1990. Her coaching, leadership, training and development background includes more than 25 years of coaching-specific training with The International Coaches Federation, The American Society for Training and Development, Leadership America, The Center for Creative Leadership and Conversation Among Masters (a global invitation-only network for master-level coaches) and numerous other leadership and organizational development institutes.
- A former communications/branding executive, her background includes managing the national advertising/public relations account for Whole Foods Market; creating a corporate branding campaign for the third-largest medical-device manufacturer in the U.S.; developing public-service campaigns for national health-based nonprofit organizations; and securing national media coverage for clients on CNN, the CBS Evening News, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, National Geographic and more.
- Founder/president of Austin-based Career Strategists, Renee’s coaching team has helped professionals and entrepreneurs create passion-filled careers and successfully navigate their career path since 1999. Client employers include Fortune 500 companies including Seton Hospital, Ernst & Young, Dell Computer Corporation, 3M, AMD, Verizon as well as government agencies, nonprofit organizations and national conferences.
- The author of two award winning life balance titles: The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal: How to Reclaim, Rejuvenate and Re-balance Your Life (Balanced Living Press) and Nurturing the Soul of Your Family: 10 Ways to Reconnect and Find Peace in Everyday Life (New World Library) and the co-author of Courageous Parents, Confident Kids: Letting Go So You Both Can Grow (Spark Press), a contributing author to best-selling What Happy Working Mothers Know.
- On the faculty of the prestigious Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Omega Institute for Holistic Studies and Esalen Institute—three of the largest and most prestigious learning/retreat centers in North America.
- Trudeau was nominated for the acclaimed Association for Women in Communications Headliner and Clarion Awards and she is the recipient of the Austin Business Journal Profiles in Power Award and the Mentor Award from the Association for Women In Communications Austin Chapter. At 22, Trudeau was selected to participate in the Leadership America Program and she has received state and national recognition for her creative, innovative approach to learning from numerous nonprofit and professional organizations.
- An avid yogi and somatic coaching practitioner, her mind/body training includes study with some of the country’s most progressive authors/teachers including Martha Beck, Joan Borysenko, PhD, Byron Katie, Louise Hay, Kathleen Woodward Thomas and Gay and Kathlyn Hendricks. Her yoga/mindfulness training includes in-person workshops with Dr. Richard Miller, Amy Weintrab, Sarah Powers, Shiva Rea, Seane Corn, Gary Kraftsow, Dr. Claudia Welch and Ayurvedic practitioner Craig Williams. She is a Level I trained iRest Yoga Nidra teacher through Richard Miller’s Integrative Restorative Institute.
- Raised by a doctor and a musician, Renée is the oldest of seven Montessori-educated children. Growing up in Northern California, she attended a yoga school based on the teachings of Parmahansa Yogananada, rode horses bareback and hiked in the vast wilderness of the Sierra Nevada, and learned stained-glass window making and philosophy from the Bhagavad Gita.
- Trudeau graduated with a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing with honors from Texas Christian University. She has graduate-level training and education in leadership and organizational development, executive coaching and is certified as a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) facilitator/trainer through the Association for Psychological Type.
She lives in Austin, TX with her husband and teenage son and loves yoga, dancing, making soup with local veggies for friends and family and taking long, meandering hikes in the Texas Hill Country with her family.
For more information on hiring Renee Trudeau for a workshop or presentation for your group, company or organization, email workshops (at) reneetrudeau (dot) com or call 512.459.6700.