Is your life asking you to evolve?
At my last UNLEASHED ATX workshop in Austin, I was visiting with two long-time entrepreneurs who both shared they were getting signs it was time to let their business go so they could harness and redirect their energy towards “what’s next.” But, easier said than done. Both have spent years and a good chunk of change investing in their brands and felt torn around the idea of quitting, even if they knew it was the right thing to do (check out this great NPR podcast on the upside of quitting).
Are you getting signs that it’s time to let go, move on and embrace something new?
Maybe you’ve been navigating a tough time and there’s something in your life, work/business or relationship you’re avoiding or not seeing? I invite you to put on your big girl (or boy) pants, grab a journal/pen and consider the following:
- What is most important to me at my current life stage (what do I most value or want more of)?
- Who or what in my life am I avoiding (perhaps it’s getting your financial house, marriage, job search or health in order)?
- What am I refusing to see or hear about my life or career–what is my life trying to tell me (hint: look at what’s not working)?
- If I asked my Wise Self (read more) where I should be focusing my energy NEXT, what would he/she say?
Finally, invite in curiosity, compassion, ask for support from trusted friends and know that just because the veil has been lifted, doesn’t mean you have to rush to action. Reflect on what is being revealed and thoughtfully consider what your next course of action is. We’re all doing the best we can where we are. Let me know how I can help; we’re all in this together.
I’D LOVE TO SUPPORT YOU THIS SPRING! HERE ARE THREE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Schedule me to plan/facilitate a custom workshop or retreat for your company, team or organization on life balance, resiliency or self-renewal in 2019-2020. I’ve been speaking professionally for 25+ years on work-life balance and managing your energy. My clients include Fortune 500 companies, national conferences, nonprofits and organizations. Learn more and email me at workshops at reneetrudeau dot com with questions.
- Find your tribe! Learn more about our global sisterhood of RTA-Certified Facilitators and empower/support women in your community! More here on how to become a RTA-Certified Facilitator and join our inner circle ($100 off through 4/30 for training; learn more + includes private coaching with me).
- Renew and recharge! Join me May 1oth from 9-4 in San Antonio, TX at the stunning, peaceful, 19-acre Cathedral Park at the Bishop Jones Center for our New Way of Being: Women’s Self-Renewal Retreat (Mother’s Day Weekend); check out the bring-a-friend specials but don’t delay-this always sells out; learn more. And just announced, a June 8th Brevard (near Asheville), NC mini New Way of Being Retreat; learn more.
Subscribe here to Live Inside Out, a weekly blog written by life balance coach/author/speaker and self-care evangelist Renée Peterson Trudeau. Passionate about helping men and women experience balance through the art/science of self-care, her work has appeared in The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, US News & World Report, Spirituality & Health and more. Thousands of women in ten countries are becoming RTA-Certified Facilitators and leading/joining self-renewal groups based on her award-winning self-care curriculum. She is the author of three books on life balance and mindfulness including the award-winning The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and 17-year-old son. More on her background here.
~Did this post speak to you? Please support your friends and family and share it!~