Last night during our weekly Family Support Circle (read more) I asked my siblings and their spouses, “What have you learned about yourself as we navigate this global health crisis?” The responses were diverse but it was clear everyone had been doing some belly button gazing over the last week. No surprise. It’s times like these that make us question EVERYTHING.
What is being illuminated for you? Are you getting signs that it’s time to let go of some old ways of working, thinking or living? Have your priorities shifted or are you starting to see your life differently?
Perhaps things you used to regularly do (in your life, at work or in a relationship) now seem outdated, no longer relevant or like they’ve run their course? I invite you to take a deep breath, dig deep, grab a journal/pen and consider the following:
1. What is most important to me at my current life stage (what do I most value or want more of)?
2. Who or what in my life have I been avoiding (perhaps it’s getting your financial house, marriage, job search or health in order)?
3. What am I refusing to see or hear about my life or career–what is my life trying to tell me (hint: look at what’s not working or what keeps you up at night)?
4. If I asked my Wise Self (read more) where I should be focusing my energy NEXT, what would he/she say?
When asked to offer a perspective about the global pandemic, Eckart Tolle, author of “The Power of Now,” recently shared on a video message, “This is a time of great opportunity. Use it. Don’t waste it.”
As you reflect on what your life is trying to tell you, invite in curiosity, compassion, ask for support from trusted friends. And remember, just because the veil has been lifted, doesn’t mean you have to rush to action. Reflect on what is being revealed and thoughtfully consider what this might mean in regards to next steps when all of this is over. Allow the wisdom to unfold in its own time.
SEEKING SUPPORT FOR SELF-CARE & RESILIENCY? HERE ARE TWO OPPORTUNITIES:
- Consider hiring me to create a workshop to help your team, organization or employees feel less stressed and more resilient, energized and focused. My primary work is speaking to professionals worldwide on how to find balance through practicing the art/science of self-care. Whether it’s an in-person workshop, retreat or via a Zoom call, I’d love to support your organization now or in the future. Learn more here.
- Want support for making your self-care #1? Check out my highly-popular self-paced, personal, audio classes and find balance, connection and joy right now. Only $99. Learn more.
Subscribe here to Live Inside Out, a weekly blog written by life balance & career coach/author/speaker Renée Peterson Trudeau. Passionate about helping men and women find balance through the art/science of self-care, her work has appeared in The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, US News & World Report, Spirituality & Health and more. She and her team have certified more than 400 facilitators in 10 countries around the globe to lead self-renewal groups and women’s retreats based on her work. She’s the author of two books on life balance including the award-winning The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and 18-year-old son. More on Renee here.