While leading a workshop for seasoned small business owners, I was visiting with two long-time entrepreneurs who both shared they were getting signs it was time to let their business go. They were ready to harness and redirect their energy towards “what’s next.” But, easier said than done. Both have spent years and a good chunk of change investing in their brands and felt torn around the idea of quitting, even if they knew it was the right thing to do (check out this NPR podcast on the upside of quitting).
Are you getting signs that it’s time to let go, move on and embrace something new?
Perhaps things you used to do (in your life, at work or in a relationship) no longer work and need to change? I invite you to take a deep breath, dig deep, grab a journal/pen and consider the following:
1. What is most important to me at my current life stage (what do I most value or want more of)?
2. Who or what in my life am I avoiding (perhaps it’s getting your financial house, marriage, job search or health in order)?
3. What am I refusing to see or hear about my life or career–what is my life trying to tell me (hint: look at what’s not working)?
4. If I asked my Wise Self (read more) where I should be focusing my energy NEXT, what would he/she say?
Finally, invite in curiosity, compassion, ask for support from trusted friends and know that just because the veil has been lifted, doesn’t mean you have to rush to action. Reflect on what is being revealed and thoughtfully consider your next steps. We’re all doing the best we can where we are. Let me know how I can help; we’re all in this together.
I’D LOVE TO SUPPORT YOU IN PRIORITIZING YOUR SELF-CARE–3 UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Nov. 3 – Feb. 9th ~ Re-Imagining: A Self-Renewal Group for Women in their 50’s (in person). These are the conversations you wish you were having. This is one of the most powerful decades for creativity and transformation. We need each other. In-person, 7 sessions, in the Asheville, NC area. Learn more and email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure there is still space. Sliding fee scale offered. **EMAIL TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST.**
- Jan. 27 – 29th ~ Awakening Your Wild Soul: Women’s Self-Renewal Retreat at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, the largest retreat center in North America and my fav (don’t delay; this retreat meditative, deeply replenishing winter retreat always sells out) Planning ahead: I’ll also be at Kripalu April 14-16 and Oct. 13-15! Learn more.
- Empower your employees to find their center in 2023! Schedule me to create a balanced living workshop, keynote presentation or retreat to help your team, organization or employees feel less stressed and more resilient, creative and focused. For 20+ years I’ve been working with companies/organizations such as the American Heart Association, Kaiser Permanente, Ernst & Young, Women in Conservation, the Council on Family Violence, the Center for Women in Law, the Hewlett Foundation and more. Email workshops at reneetrudeau dot com. Learn more here.
Subscribe here to Live Inside Out, a weekly blog written by work-life balance coach/author/speaker and self-care evangelist Renée Peterson Trudeau. Passionate about helping men and women find balance through the art/science of self-care, Renee has been facilitating high-impact interactive workshops for Fortune 500 companies, national nonprofits/conferences and organizations worldwide for 25 years. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, Fast Company, Good Housekeeping, US News & World Report, AARP, Spirituality & Health and more. She and her team have certified more than 450 facilitators in 10 countries around the globe to lead self-renewal groups based on her pioneering self-care curriculum. She’s the author of two books on life balance including the award-winning The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal: How to Reclaim, Rejuvenate and Re-Balance Your Life. She and her husband live in Western North Carolina and Austin, Texas; her latest venture is Wild Souls Nature Adventures. More on Renee here.