Recently at a porch happy hour with a few friends I asked, “What have you learned about yourself in the last year and what in your life is wanting to shift?” The responses were diverse but passionate. It was clear everyone had been doing some serious belly button gazing over the last few months. And no one wanted to go back to the way things were. 2020 has made us question EVERYTHING.
What is being illuminated for you? Are you getting signs that it’s time to let go of some old ways of working, thinking or living? Have your priorities shifted or are you starting to see your life and work differently?
Perhaps things you used to regularly do now seem outdated or like they’ve run their course? I invite you to take a deep breath, dig deep, grab a journal/pen and consider the following:
1. What is most important to me at my current life stage (what do I most value or want more of)?
2. Who or what in my life have I been avoiding (perhaps it’s getting your financial house, marriage, job search or health in order)?
3. What am I refusing to see or hear about my life or career–what is my life trying to tell me (hint: look at what’s not working or what keeps you up at night)?
4. If I asked my Wise Self (read more) where I should be focusing my energy NEXT, what would he/she say?
When asked to offer a perspective about the global pandemic, Eckart Tolle, author of “The Power of Now,” recently shared on a video message, “This is a time of great opportunity. Use it. Don’t waste it.”
As you reflect on what your life is trying to tell you, invite in curiosity, compassion and ask for support from trusted friends. And just because the veil has been lifted, doesn’t mean you have to rush to action. Reflect on what is being revealed and thoughtfully consider what this might mean in regards to next steps. Allow the wisdom to unfold in its own time; now is an ideal time to take a retreat.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT YOU? HERE ARE TWO OPPORTUNITIES:
- *ALMOST FULL!* Join me Sat., April 24th from 1:30-5:30 ET for REBIRTH: A Soulful Self-Renewal Retreat ~A live online experience. Enjoy connection+ community with like minded women in a nurturing & supportive environment. I’d love to support you in finding more clarity/focus and joy around “What’s next?” Space is limited; check out our limited time bring-a-friend offer. Learn more here.
- I’m booking 2021-2022 workshops and presentations now: Consider hiring me to create a live online workshop experience to help your team, organization or employees feel less stressed and more resilient, creative and focused. For 20+ years I’ve been working with companies/organizations like Merrill Lynch, the Center for Women in Law, the Hewlett Foundation and more. Whether it’s a workshop, keynote or custom retreat via Zoom, I’d love to discuss how I can support your team or organization. Learn more here.
Subscribe here to Live Inside Out, a weekly blog written by life balance coach/author/speaker and self-care evangelist Renée Peterson Trudeau. Passionate about helping men and women find balance through the art/science of self-care, her work has appeared in The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, US News & World Report, AARP, Spirituality & Health and more. She and her team have certified more than 400 facilitators in 10 countries around the globe to lead self-renewal groups for women based on her pioneering work. She’s the author of two books on life balance including the award-winning The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal: How to Reclaim, Rejuvenate and Re-Balance Your Life. She and her husband live in Western North Carolina and Austin, Texas and are enjoying a new empty nest. More on Renee here.